Wednesday 9 July 2014

Gussied up!

So, on Sunday a good friend of mine was having a celebration for turning 40 and she invited me and 8 other friends along to a fancy pants outing.  We were going to super posh Gleneagles, home of golfers and all that jazz and I knew this called for fancyness of the highest order.  Rooted around the wardrobe and unearthed this beauty from a few years ago from Igigi - I love their dresses and have several, they hang beautifully and are always a wee bit different from anything anyone else has on which I love.  They're American so ordering can be a pain but you can occasionally pick up an eBay bargain or shop in the UK at Curvety.

Igigi dress with jacket

Without jacket, I love that the sleeves cover a wee bit of arm without being too long (Betsy the cat clearly loves this too as you can see by her winding herself around my leg!)

Close up of necklace!

All moody and sepia tinted, ooh


I went bare legged and wore my trusty M&S insolia court shoes because they're so comfy I can wear them all day long.  I'm also sporting a new necklace purchase from Wallis which I found massively reduced in a local branch, I love it because the colours are beautiful and it's just really pretty - I've done a close up to prove it!

The jacket scenario is courtesy of Asda from ages ago, this wee lovely goes with everything and produces a waist where there is not one naturally, I love it.

The afternoon was lovely and prosecco fuelled, resulting in fountain photos and a very bumpy minibus ride home with some poorly feeling members of the party.  Also, saw a future purchase in the Mappin and Webb concession at Gleneagles, lovely diamond necklace at a bargainous £40,000 - think I might have two.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment